Welcome to the Digital Dimensionz Forum.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Protection Cooltext551195414
Welcome to the Digital Dimensionz Forum.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Protection Cooltext551195414
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeArcadeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Digital Dimensionz, please feel free to take a look around, join in our many groups or join the live chat and meet other members....quizzes held nightly in the main chat ! :)

Protection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adelle
Admin
Admin
Adelle

Location Location : scotland, glasgow
Job/hobbies Job/hobbies : self employed web/graphic designer

Protection Empty
PostSubject: Protection   Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 pm

The Basics

Grounding, and Protection

I think that many sites emphasise continually about ground and protect, ground and protect when it isn't really necessary at all. In reality very few situations need protection, but getting into the habit of G&P is good and covers all eventualities.

When starting out I think that the idea of protection is rather scary. Especially if tv programmes are anything to go by and Derek Accorah and the possessions he used to get on Most Haunted. We suddenly wonder how on earth we can have lived life without carrying out some form of protection everyday and survived.

Questions like.... Are there evil spirits waiting at every turn? Will I get taken over or used or attacked psychically if I don't protect myself? How is the best way to protect myself? I forgot! HELP!

All those and more flash through most peoples mind.

Grounding may actually be more necessary than protection as people new to psychic development start to get light headed and dizzy. But first we will cover Protection.

With the advent of online communities a new problem has arisen. That of the online psychic attack. Suddenly people found they could quite easily tune into others online and actually attack them psychically, a form of online bullying and far deeper consequences.

I am sure we all know the feeling of walking into a physical room and feeling aware of everyone there, their personalities, who is the leader, who is hiding, who is having fun and happy. Well it is the same with chat rooms and strangely enough forums and posts too. Each have a unique atmosphere and sometimes strong personalities surface and the creation of a psychic vampire or one who soaks up that energy and craves more so that they literally drain and feed off the energy of others.

There are so many ways of protecting one's self in person and online. Here are just a few.

The Bubble of Light- visualise a bubble of light, then walk inside it and visualise being totally protected by the light. Choose a colour to add a value to the light, green for healing, pink for love, blue for calming energy etc.

The Mirror - visualise a mirror or highly polished sheet of metal that will reflect all energy back to its source.

The Forest - visualise a thicket of trees surrounding you, interwoven branches, (maybe even with thorns) that are impenetrable.

The Brick Wall - visualise a wall of bricks surrounding you.

Animal Circle - Use a circle of protective animals surrounding you,

Prayer - Say a simple prayer of protection suitable to your religion and beliefs.

Sound - Shroud yourself in a wave of sound that will keep intruders at bay.

Reiki - Use reiki to surround yourself in a cloak of protective energy.

Cloaks - visualise a cloak of invisibility that you put on and pull the hood over your head, just like Harry Potter.

Spells - Invoke a spell of protection, draw a circle of salt around yourself or the house etc

Crystals - Black Tourmaline is brilliant against psychic attack, Black Obsidian will soak up negative energy, Angelite will draw angels close to protect you.

Amulets - these can be rune signs or sigels, or a crystal or piece of jewellery.

For those of you that believe in the spirit world there are these protecting forces too...

Gatekeepers - These can keep the peace and order amongst spirits that visit. They can protect us and keep us safe from harmful forces.

Spirit Protectors - These may be animal, angelic, human, dragon, all in spirit form, unseen but there protecting us.

Spirit Guides - These can also step in and calm situations, make us feel safe and able to continue.

The idea is that protection mentally prepares you for what lies ahead. Whether it be a negative experience or a ghost hunt or an argument or someone sending you negative thoughts or feeding off your energy. Simplicity is the best, choose something that resonates with you, something that you instictively feel at home with and that is simple to invoke.

Protection
Page 1 of 1